An Outline of Marina Oswald's testimony to the Warren Commission

Tuesday, February 4, 1964

from volume I, pages 29 - 58

Location: 200 Maryland Ave. NE., Washington, D.C.


Lee was writing a book and he kept a diary.

While living on Mercedes Street, the only thing Marina and Lee quarreled about was Lee's mother.

Lee had to repay $$ to his brother Robert, and the government, but it wasn't a big deal.

Lee didn't have any close friends in the U.S., but respected and spent much time with George De Mohrenschildt.

October 1962, Lee went to Dallas to work, and Marina stayed with Elena Hall in Fort Worth for a time.

After the FBI visited Lee in Fort Worth (at Elsbeth Street) he began to change psychologically; seemed to have two different personalities; "became quite a stranger"; "kept to himself"; easily irritated.

The neighbors noticed bruises on Marina from Lee hitting her.

Marina believes in God but doesn't go to church.

While they were living in the apartment in Dallas, they separated for one week, Marina stayed with Mrs. Meller.

After moving to Dallas, De Mohrenschildt was the only one who remained their friend. "The others sort of removed themselves." They felt Lee didn't like them; wasn't very hospitable.

When Marina considered moving back to the Soviet Union, February 1963, it was because Lee insisted, she didn't want to. Lee told her to write a letter to the embassy.

Lee didn't drink or smoke. Marina smokes.

Marina met Ruth Paine soon after New Years 1963.

Ruth Paine lived in Irving. Was separated from her husband Michael Paine (he does not speak Russian).

Lee told Marina not to tell anybody about his trip to Mexico.

Exhibit #1 is Lee's handwritten note (in Russian) that he left for Marina while he was out shooting at General Walker.

Paul--Pavel Golovachev, in Minsk, worked in the same factory Lee did.

After Lee was arrested on Friday for shooting JFK:

February 1963, while living in Dallas, Marina wrote the Russian Embassy requesting aid to go back to the U.S.S.R.

March 1963, Marina wrote her follow up letter and declaration to the Russian Embassy.

Exhibit 9, Marina's autobiography to the Russian Embassy.

Exhibit #13, Lee's letter to the Soviet Embassy requesting an entrance visa for Marina to return to the Soviet Union. And Lee to return separately (the word "separately" was underlined).

Exhibit #15, Lee Oswald's letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington, D.C., November 9, 1963.

Marina told Lee she didn't want to go back to Russia, he said "okay."

Lee asked Marina not to tell anybody about his trip to Mexico.

When Marina was living with Ruth Paine, and Lee lived in his apartment in Dallas, Lee used a fake name. Lee was very secretive much of the time.

Lee wanted to go to Cuba by any means, everything else was probably just a cover to get there.

Lee was crazy.

Marina is not any kind of an agent.

August 1963, in New Orleans, Lee began to study Spanish. Marina doesn't speak Spanish.

Lee got his job at the Texas School Book Depository by a neighbor's son, Wesley Frazier, who worked there.

Weekend of October 25th, shortly after the Adai Stevenson incident, Lee and Michael Paine attended a meeting together, possibly the American Civil Liberties Union.

Ruth Paine's next door neighbor was Dorothy Roberts.

When being questioned by the FBI, Ruth Paine would act as Marina's interpreter.

In the U.S.S.R. Lee would stay with Marina's aunt in Minsk when Marina went on vacation.